Sunday, August 8, 2010

Getting organized

Project 365: August 5 2007 - tangible FLYLadyImage by Quack the Wooley Duck via Flickr
Is there someone you know who always seems to have their stuff together?  They're just naturally organized.  Everything has a place and their homes are always tidy.  My mom is like that.  I, on the other hand, am definitely NOT like that.  If you're like me, then organization is a real challenge.

I tend to feel really overwhelmed when I look at all that has to be done around the house, and I freeze, or I run around haphazardly, never really getting done adequately. I've been surfing around blogger land, and I know I have to work on organizational issues in my home.  So, I have decided I am going to start building a home management binder and doing daily tasks and weekly zones in my house.  I've seen both ideas on Flylady and Justorganizeyourself.blogspot.com.  Flylady and Joy are my go-to divas for getting organized.  Basically, it means I'm going to work on developing daily routines, and worry about deep cleaning and organizing one area at a time.  I'm starting with the bedrooms for this week.  There are a lot of things I feel need to get done in the bedrooms, so I might as well get moving.   I'm hoping doing this will help me move toward getting my house the way I want it.  I bought Flylady's book, too.

I know I need to be careful not to try to do too much at once.  But, I am eager to get my house in order.  I tried this before a while ago, but I fell off the wagon.  I'm hoping that blogging about it will help keep me on track.  I really want to succeed this time.  Guess I'll be shining the sink tomorrow.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment