Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cheap Trick Tuesday

You know, everyone thinks cheap tricks are a bad thing.  I don't think so.  At least not when it comes to saving some cash.  I'm trying various little things I can do to save money.  Cheap tricks, I call them.  Today is Tuesday, so Cheap Trick Tuesday it is!  Dare ya to say that three times real fast...

Trick #1 Save money on hand soap.

I've got four little ones, one bigger one and a big old mess hubby in my house.  So, there's a LOT of hand washing that goes on around here.  Of course, I have to order ask them to do it.  We use the foaming hand soap because otherwise there is a perpetual layer of soapy slime on the bathroom counters.  Ick. Drives me nuts!  I found that there is much less slime when using the foaming hand soap, but that stuff is expensive!  So, what to do when you have no money?  Improvise!  Get a big refill container of regular hand soap (I get mine from Sams).  Fill a foaming dispenser with water, add about 2-3 tablespoons of liquid soap and shake.  Voila!  Foaming soap! Cheap!  You get more mileage out of the soap this way and you're recycling your dispenser.  Whoo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment