Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cheap Trick Tuesday

The mad scientist is one character type freque...Image via Wikipedia
It's Alive!!!

One way I've learned to cut corners is to make my own stuff.  For example, I experiment with making my own cleaning solutions.  It's actually pretty fun.  I get to play mad scientist! I'v discovered I can make cleaner that works well and smells good. We're having a pharoah ant problem right now, and I found that my cleaner also appears to repel ants!  Bonus!  My recipe for my general purpose cleaner is below.  I'm still experimenting, but I like this one so far:

To a spray bottle add
4 Tbs OdoBan (from Sams)
3 cups warm water
1 tbs washing soda

One tip:  Do NOT get the washing soda on your skin.  There are some nice cleaner recipes at thebudgetfashionista.com.  I'm probably going to add a little borax to the recipe next time.  This stuff removes odors like nobody's business!  The OdoBanis an awesome odor remover.  It's also a disinfectant, and works as a fabric softener.  It's a fab multipurpose solution.  I Lurve that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment