Friday, September 10, 2010

Every day faith

Cross-in-Chimayo-AreaImage by Glen's Pics via Flickr
A couple of days ago, I saw a movie called Facing Giants.  It was about a coach who was going through a really rough time in his life- he was in danger of getting fired because of his losing team, he and his wife couldn't have a baby, etc.  He turned to God, and began to really apply his faith on and off the field.  That really struck a chord with me.  It made me thing about how I can apply my faith in my daily life.  I think its a challenge because I am home with the kids all day.  But, it seems that living out my faith has more to do with my attitude and subsequent actions than on actions alone.  So, I must go about my day doing my everyday tasks with the attitude of serving the Lord in my present station.    As I thought about it, I have not been living out my faith as I think I should.  Church on Sunday is fine, but it's how I live my life daily that is the real deal.  And that's what will show God's work in my life.  So many people compartmentalize their faith and the rest of their lives.  I question if such people are who they think they are.  In Matthew 7, Jesus talks about knowing others by their fruit.  True faith should permeate every aspect of your life.  In my observation, it's those Christians who exercise their faith on a daily basis in every part of their lives that God uses to do incredible things.  If I have the right attitude, and act on that, then I will produce good fruit.  Even if it's only in my little corner of the world. And God can do incredible things on a grand scale, or in one little life like mine.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment