Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bathroom redo-done!

I am so  happy that the 1/2 bath is done.  It looks nice, if I do say so.  And it was done on the serious cheap!  So, here it is right after the Hubbs installed it.
  The flooring only cost about $30 for a box.  Yay!  Here is what it looks like all done.  Pay no attention to that ugly step stool.  That's up on my get it done before Thanksgiving project list.

And just in case you're interested, here is what it looks like above the toilet and at the vanity.  Still need to add the black knobs to the vanity.  That shelf unit only cost $20 at the resale shop, and the "Friends" sign was on clearance at JoAnn's for about $5.


That's all there is to it.  That bathroom is so small that you could run into yourself if you turn around.  But, that's what makes doing it up so cheap.  I want to add bead board and change the counter top someday.  We want to use the same flooring from the bathroom all the way through the kitchen and family room.  I think it'll look nice, and it'll be a fraction of the cost of other flooring such as wood or laminate.  And it was soo easy to put down.  All you need is a utility knife.  That's the kind of home improvement I like!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I've seen that kind of flooring in the store, but never knew how it would actually hold up...how's it working so far? I've got a laundry room (that's prone to leaks thanks to oh so wonderful plumbing paired with an older machine) that needs some new flooring. Something about 70's vinyl complete with GLITTER doesn't inspire me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I love the floor, Rebecca. It shows less dirt (which makes me REALLY happy), and cleans up quick and easy with the steam mop. The laundry room would be a perfect place for it since it's water resistant. That's why I chose it. I have 5 messy kids who are always spilling something, and I've had no problems.

    ReplyDelete